Earn money Online by just viewing ads

Earn money Online by just viewing ads
Earn money online by just clicking your mouse!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin Review

I hate how many people are deliberately and willfully underrating this show because they don't like how this show is ranked so high after only six episodes, because they think it's way too early to rate this show so high. My question is, why are they rating it so low? I mean, the same statement could be said here, why are you rating this so low after only six episodes? My answer would be that I rate the show from what I have seen, and from what I have seen, it deserves the rank. But pessimistically underrating a show because you don't like how it's ranked so high after only a small amount of episodes is quite childish if you ask me.

The difference between the lovers and haters is, (no offense to the haters) is certainly that the haters don't give this anime a chance. They intend to dislike it, and only because of the rank, which seems quite primitive to me. The lovers are those who actually give this show a chance, and I am not necessarily trying to ridicule the haters, but from what I seen, what I just stated seems true. Take a look at any non-positive review and you immediately see at least one complaint about the rank. That's practically the evidence.

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I was rather similar. I thought that it's kind of absurd to rate a show that high when it has only six episodes out of 25 episodes released, but of course that was before I actually started the anime. I even read the plot, which didn't sound intriguing to me. However, unlike the haters I actually gave it a chance, and rated this show independently it's rank and amount of released episodes, and after watching the first episode, I did recognize why this anime was ranked so high. It has a lot of potential, is emotional, has a great story, is musically pleasing, and everything right off the bat. All animes I watched lately were rated 5-7 and I started to wonder if that's just me and I start to get out of animes, but Shingeki no Kyojin gave me back the feeling of true impression, and I am personally relieved that I tried this show.


But now enough of rank and hater drama, let's get to the anime itself.


Scroll down to the bottom of the review to see how I scored which department of this anime, but first off all I'm going to tell my opinion of all departments, so if you don't feel like reading it, just scroll down to the scores, and if you are curious to see why I scored which department like that, look at my explanation of that department. This review will be as spoiler-free as possible, but I'll pay attention to not include any spoiler, and if I will, I'll probably warn you beforehand. Anyways, let's get to the review.

First off all, the story. The story was what I personally liked most of this anime. I didn't read the Manga, which I probably will when I really want to see what happens next and don't feel like waiting a week. It starts off with Eren, the main protagonist, crying after a long dream. It still wasn't clarified why he cried and what happened in the dream he had, but I assume, this will be explained soon. Shortly after that, the titans attack, which was predictable, but I never expected it being like that, seriously. While episode 3 and 4 were more calm, episode 5 was one of the most amazing anime experiences I ever had. Those who watched the series until episode 5 surely know what I'm going to say, if what happened with that certain character is really true, it'd actually be an outstanding plot-twist, however I'd be a little bit sad, especially now that I started to like that character. Episode 6 is about the past of the main protagonists, which is pretty cool. So far everything was perfect in the story, and it was really impressive as well. I definitely look forward to the rest of the story, and I'm certain that it's going to be even more awesome.

This anime was magnificently animated, especially during the fight scenes. I always love it when Eren and the others are jumping from roof to roof, it looks so awesome, and those scenes are always animated pretty awesomely. The art is also quite decent, especially the environment is nicely drawn, however I dislike the character art. I don't think that it looks really good if the outlines of the characters are so... bold. For some reason, the faces look kinda odd to me as well, and some of the titans; while to me more titans look more creepy than that; look hilariously ridiculous. But other than that, everything is alright.

The soundtrack was really amazing, too. The voice actors were nicely chosen, and the background sounds are really natural and give especially in the action scenes a nice feeling. Speaking of action scenes, the soundtrack that plays in the background is just amazing. It gives such an epic feeling while watching this anime, it's just amazing. I don't recall any calm music, and I also don't recall any remarkably beautiful track, but I like the soundtrack a lot so far. There are definitely better soundtracks around, that's for sure, but the soundtrack of Shingeki no Kyojin is definitely one of the better ones. I recall the ending to be quite decent, but the opening was awesome, and it's one of my favorites for sure.

The Characters were great for the most part. So far I can't really say much about the character development, but I'm definitely fond of most of the characters. Eren, the main protagonist is my favorite character so far. He wants to take revenge for what happened, and after that shock, when you lost almost everything that was important for you, I think that I'd do the same. I saw people hating Eren for that decision, but to me it looks like that they just searched something to complain about. Misaka, Eren's sister (not blood-related, though) is pretty cool as well. She's pretty shy, but I find that to be cool. Armin is the only character I actually disliked. He looks crappy and hasn't got a really good personality at all. The other unmentioned characters are decent, though.

I wasn't left at any second bored. It was thoroughly entertaining, and some episodes weren't just decently entertaining, they give you an epic feeling while watching, and sometimes they even did it so far that I got goosebumps. The first half of episode 1 was rather typical, more calm, but already the first episode, when the giants attacked, gave me goosebumps. I'm always watching all the awesome scenes over and over again on youtube, because they are so awesome. I definitely love watching them, and I rarely enjoyed any anime like this one.


Overall this is one of the best animes I ever watched. So far it doesn't do it into my top 5, however it's really close to my top 5. I'm grateful that this anime brought back my passion for animes I almost forget. I have to apologize for any eventual grammatical or spelling error, since English isn't my native language. I'm also not really experienced with anime reviews, which is why I greatly appreciate criticism, and I'll eventually improve. Anyways, thanks for reading my review and here are the scores:

Story: 10/10
Art: 7/10
Sound: 9/10
Character: 8/10
Enjoyment: 10/10

Overall: 44/50 = 8.80/10

No comments:

Post a Comment