Earn money Online by just viewing ads

Earn money Online by just viewing ads
Earn money online by just clicking your mouse!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Naruto: Shippuuden Review


In the original Naruto, you have a simple plot with youthful, childish humor befitting for children, as it is an anime about children and typically for children. As you near the end, the fillers can become unbearable, and everyone is excited to just get it over with and fly off into a whole new world that is Naruto: Shippuden. Naruto Shippuden is the continued story of Narutos life journey about 3 years later. Although 3 years may not seem all that long, at a crucial age as Naruto is in the anime, and the life that he has to lead, it is in fact an extremely large factor in the noticeable differences between Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden. It seems that many Naruto fans begin watching with a mindset that still sits with the original Naruto and it's light-hearted ways, and are unprepared for the sudden strifes and seriousness of the new series. Yes, it is true. 3 years later, Narutos life is no longer fun and games. He is thrown into a world with struggle and complexities befitting for his new age and the era that has begun in Naruto Shippuden. There is little room for the fun and simplicities as Naruto grows and begins fighting for his village and for the lives of his comrads. The series no longer focuses on childish dreams of friendship and play, it's begun a whole new era of the young Konoha's lives where pain and strife become evident in the role of growing up and they are forced to fight for survival and their "ninja way", be it peace or revenge, etc.

This anime is by far one of my favorites. It goes from the fun-loving story of children and continues on with more complexities and seriousness that much resembles what happens when you truly grow up in the world and must face life's tests and troubles. This anime could have either continued on with everyone growing older but their character staying young (in turn keeping the childish nature of the original anime) or it could have had them mature with age and inevitably give Shippuden a more mature, serious flow. I believe that they made the right choice by making the anime mature with the characters. It makes it feel as though I am watching the true life of the characters- Aging, maturing, struggling, laughing, crying, and becoming who they are as a person- as an adult. In the beginning, Naruto always talked about who he wanted to grow up as and what he wanted to be- and I wanted to see him do it. With Shippuden I feel like that is exactly what I am getting. Naruto's finally growing up, he's finally realizing the life struggles around him and taking charge and making a difference instead of being the ignorant child that he once was. Let's face it- their is truly little fun in a ninja world once you start growing up. I like how this anime shows the horrors of their reality finally coming into play, even if that means adding complexities to a once simple anime.

Taking the laughter of a youthful story and turning it into the tears of a growing pain as the years continue. Watching the characters go from innocent, young villagers in (ninja) grade school, to young adults that risk life and limb everyday. This is what I've wanted from an anime. Most anime stories are just "this or that". Simple or complex. Funny or sad. Cute or dark. Etc. But Naruto is different. Naruto is the life of ninjas from simple beginnings to hard endings. Happy, youthful days to waking up with the heavy burdens of adulthood. I feel like I could watch his whole life play out if it were to be written out for me, I really do.

(I am a simple anime lover and as it is a cartoon, I don't take my opinions to extremes as some other might. I don't pick at animation or subtle issues, I look at the overall picture. So, that being said, please note that this factor will show in my review.)(Also, Shippuden might have been 2 in a half years later. Idk, I'm no expert. So, I put "about 3 years later." I know anime fans can be very picky about your "facts". :d)



No comments:

Post a Comment